Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)
This will allow you to do official activation on an iPhone without a stock SIM - it MAY help with Battery Drain issues, but that is NOT the primary purpose of this.
This is pointless on anything but an iPhone
- Add http://repo.bingner.com as a repo in Cydia
- Install "SAM" and "SAMPrefs"
- Follow the steps in Troubleshooting/Hacktivated with redsn0w or PwnageTool
- Go to Settings > SAM and touch "De-Activate iPhone"
- Activate with iTunes
If iTunes says invalid SIM, you will need to manually select the appropriate carrier (Original seller of the iPhone) under one of the methods besides "Automatic" and click on a SIMID.
Description of options:
- Click here - thanks cmdshft
Hacktivated with redsn0w or PwnageTool:
- Option #1: Click "Revert Lockdownd to Stock" in Settings>SAM
- Option #2: redsn0w for iPhone 3G or 3GS on firmware 4.0 or later
- Download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 or later from http://blog.iphone-dev.org
- Run redsn0w and select the "Deactivate" option
- Option #3: my custom stockify program - works on any phone 3.0+ (same as #1)
- With SAM and SAMPrefs installed; install openssh and secure shell into your phone. Run "stockify" and it will revert your lockdownd to a stock lockdownd
- Reboot your phone
iPhone goes to FactoryActivated when you click "deactivate"
- If you have jailbroken with pwnagetool or redsn0w follow the instructions under "Hacktivated with redsn0w or PwnageTool"
- If you have jailbroken with GreenPoison or Limera1n after installing SAM (WHYWHYWHYWHY?) you need to reinstall SAM